Friday, March 25, 2011

Letters to Parks & Marlee (3/25/11 - 2:45pm)

Parks,
Wow...so much has happened!!  I'm sorry I haven't written to you in a couple of days, but I promise it's only because we've been spending so much great time together.  You came home with mommy and daddy on Tuesday, March 22nd around 7:00pm.  You have a home apnea-monitor, but you've been doing really great with it so far.  You've had ZERO alarms for apnea, and you've had 2 alarms for low heart-rate, but I am pretty sure they were both false alarms.  Both times you were eating which can sometimes cause false alarms.  You were fine both times and didn't require any intervention...you just kept eating, and the alarm only sounded for about 1 or 2 seconds and then auto-corrected.  You are sleeping pretty good.  During the daytime you do great with your naps...and you do "ok" at night, but you seem to have a rough time between about 1:30am and 4:30am.  You're a little night-owl, but it has only been a few nights, so we will see if that continues.  You've been through a lot with coming home and getting settled in a new environment, so I can't blame you for being a little restless.  Besides, mommy is a crazy sleeper too.  I always talk in my sleep and walk and do all sorts of things, so maybe you are just taking after me?  Today we had your first visit with the pediatrician, and you did great!  You left the hospital weighing 4 pounds, 14.7 ounces, and today you joined the "5-pound club!"  You are 5 pounds, 0.6 ounces and 19.5 inches.  The doctor said everything is looking great so far, and you are going to go back in 3 weeks to get checked again.  It was such a great morning to see you are doing well at home.  We get to be a little bit more relaxed with your time at home too, which is great.  So far it has been very strict with how much time we can have you out of the crib, so we feed you hold you for a short time and put you back...but now we can cuddle some more during the day which will be so great!  I love you so much sweet boy.  You wore the cutest outfit to the doctor today that your Grandpa Richardson bought for you.  You look adorable.  I took some pictures and as soon as I get some time, I will upload them here so we can look back on your cuteness.
All my love,
Mommy

Marlee,
I'm so happy you are home!  You are doing really great so far.  You haven't had any alarms on your monitor, and you are sleeping so soundly in between feedings.  Grandma Murray keeps saying how you are so dainty and lady-like.  You always cross your ankles and you have your hand up by your face so delicately.  I love it.  Today we took you on your first outing to the pediatrician.  You gained about 5 ounces!  That's great!  You were discharged from the hospital on Tuesday at 4pounds, 1.7ounces, and today you were 4pounds, 6.8ounces.  Yay!  Of course, you did fill up your diaper a few seconds after being weighed, so it might have been a little high (ha!) but we are still so excited.  It is truly amazing how much a fraction of an ounce means to mommy these days.  I never realized how much those little details would affect me.  Today has been a fun day.  I hooked up your monitors in the family room and have a pack n' play for you and Parks to lay in.  It is nice to get out of the nursery for a while and for mommy to be in a comfortable chair.  We are going to get a glider for the nursery, but since you surprised us by coming early, we didn't quite have that ready.  Anyway, when I sit in the comfortable seat and relax, I think it helps you relax and nurse much better.   Keep up your great work and the doctor said we might get rid of your monitors by next week!!  I love you sweetheart.
All my love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment