**3/19/11 (3:00pm)**
Parks,
Hey buddy. Guess what?!?! They removed your nasal canula! It was so great to see you without it...I think it really was starting to bug you. They took it out really early this morning around 2am. You've been doing pretty good with it. You haven't had any official "episodes" that require any intervention, but you are still dropping your oxygen a little bit from time to time. You recover on your own in a few seconds, but I still don't like it. I am still praying for you to get through this little road bump. I know you'll get there when you're ready. Your feeding this morning was ok. You didn't finish everything really fast like you have been doing, but mommy thinks that is ok. Maybe you were just a little less hungry than normal this morning. You took most of your bottle from me, and then the nurse tried to get you to finish it. I could tell you didn't want it, but she really wanted you to finish. You showed her though, because you ended up spitting up shortly after we laid you down. You tried to tell us you were full, but nobody would listen. :) I am starting to see similarities in you and daddy so much. Since I only get to see you for a limited time every day, I usually see your face when I am looking at daddy when we are at home. It is so amazing. You are such a handsome little man like your daddy. I will come back to see you for two more feedings tonight. I can't wait to see you...I hate being away from you. It just doesn't feel right. Even though I have never taken you out of the hospital, I feel incomplete without you right now. After your feeding this morning, your daddy and I went to the baby store to get some things for you. I love shopping for you, but I hate that it seemed like a normal shopping outing. I shouldn't be out shopping while you are laying in a NICU. I'm so sorry I can't be with you to take care of you all the time. I should be with you...and the very second they tell me I can, I promise I'll be there. I love you so much.
All my love,
Mommy
Marlee,
Hey baby girl. Just when I think you can't get any more beautiful, I look at you and you are. You did a good job this morning with eating for daddy and me. He fed you most of the bottle and then you finished with me. It took you about 22 minutes, so that's pretty good. You were so peaceful after you ate today and we just wrapped you up and put you back to sleep. I wish so badly that I could hold you for hours and just look at your sweet face and hands. We will get there though, and soon we will get to have you all day and all night like it is supposed to be. I'm so sorry we can't be with you all the time right now. When I get up in the night to pump for you it is such a difficult time. I should be holding you, and instead someone else is taking care of you while I am sitting at home. It's not right...but it's only temporary. The nurses in the NICU stay on for 12 hour shifts. Our favorites are Ms. Peggy and Ms. Mary and Ms. Lori. They are so sweet to you and they really help mommy and daddy with coping with your situation. They are very comforting and always ready to answer any questions and offer any information on your status. I know you love them too. I can't wait until you get big and strong and we can go back to visit them and show them how big you are. I miss you sweet girl. I am going to try to rest for a few minutes and get ready to come back and see you tonight. I love you so much.
All my love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment