Friday, March 25, 2011

Letters to Parks & Marlee (3/21/11 - 2:00pm)


**3/21/2011 (2:00pm)**
Parks,
I love you.  You and your sister got moved this morning!  There was another set of twins born at the hospital this morning, so they moved you to the "holding nursery."  You still have a NICU nurse with you, but the NICU is so full of babies they had to move you down the hall.  It sounds like it is a good thing though, because the reason they chose to move you was that you two are the most stable!!  I loved hearing that.  You are eating well and slowly gaining weight.  The nurse didn't have your chart when I was there this morning, so she couldn't tell me your exact weight, but you really are looking good.  Your skin is looking better and better.  When you were first born, you had bruises on your head and left side of your body (especially your hand).  Guess how you got them?  Your sister!!  She really beat you up when you were in mommy's belly, and you had some crazy bruises when you were first born.  Now those are starting to go away.  Grandpa Murray got to hold you today for the first time.  You just slept and made lots of cute little facial expressions.  You also required 2 diaper changes while we were there.  :)  Daddy is working today and he misses you since he couldn't make it to your morning feeding...but he is hurrying through the mowing so he can make it back in time for your 5:00pm feeding.  I can't wait to see you again.  I love you so much.
All my love,
Mommy

Marlee,
Your feedings are getting stronger and stronger.  You ate all of your food (plus a little extra) today in about 17 minutes.  Good girl.  I am so proud of you.  You also gave a big 'ol burp...which is never easy to get from you.  It makes mommy so happy when you eat well.  I know you need those calories for strength and so you can continue to grow.  The doctor put in the order to start preparing you for discharge.  We don't have a specific date, but just knowing that it is coming and we have to start preparing is so encouraging.  Daddy and I are going to bring your carseats in when we come tonight for your 5:00pm feeding.  The nurses will do a carseat check to make sure you can breathe well when you are in the seat.  We have some other paperwork and things to take care of before we bring you home.  I still can't believe it happening.  Daddy and I have been working on getting the last minute things complete at the house so you will be comfortable when you get here.  We still need to find some tiny clothes for you since we didn't buy any preemie outfits before you were born.  Grandma Murray bought you one outfit that you've already worn two times.  It is very cute on you...but then again, everything is cute on you.  I love you so much sweet girl.  I miss you and will see you in a couple of hours.  Can't wait!
All my love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment