Sunday, April 3, 2011

Letters to Parks & Marlee (4/3/11 - 4:30pm)

Parks,
We just got back from our first family walk.  It is such a nice day out, and we packed you and your sister up in the "B.O.B." jogger stroller and went out to enjoy the weather.  You slept so soundly the entire time...that makes me very happy, since I have envisioned taking you out in the stroller my entire pregnancy.  Last night was hard.  Mommy got overly exhausted yesterday and it made for a rough night.  I have some really crazy sleeping patterns as it is, and adjusting to sleep (or lack of) with two newborns has definitely heightened my crazy dreaming.  Every night I think I have you or Marlee in the bed with me, and I get so confused and worried that I lost you in the covers.  I don't bring you in the bed at all, but that must be an underlying fear so I have these dreams and talk to Daddy about it at night.  It's really weird.  Anyway, I do a much better job when I get a nap or two in and try to get a couple of hours of sleep.  It's not always easy to do...but I see how crucial it is now.  Yesterday we took you in to the hospital to get weighed again.  You gained weight pretty good for the time frame.  You were 5 pounds, 14 ounces.  Maybe next time you will join the 6 pound club!!  Wouldn't that be exciting!?!?  I can't believe you are a whole pound bigger than you were when you were born.  Just keep growing big guy.  I love you tons!
All my love,
Mommy

Marlee,
Hi sweet girl.  We just finished our first family walk, and you weren't quite sure what to think.  You were either sleeping soundly, or a little fussy.  You seemed to like it for the most part, but once in a while you would either get uncomfortable or worried or something.  I am hoping you start to enjoy the stroller because I want to be able to take you out for walks and jogs all the time.  We weighed you in at the hospital yesterday and you were 4 pounds, 10 ounces.  You aren't growing at the speed we are hoping for yet, so I am praying hard that you will turn the corner and start gaining weight faster.  I am going to call the pediatrician tomorrow to take you in to see the doctor again.  If we need to add some fortifier to your feedings we can do that.  Whatever you need baby girl.  During our walk I was finally able to take a step back and look at the big picture.  This phase we are in right now is harder than I ever could've imagined...but it's also temporary, and I know in a few months it will only be a memory.  As much as I look forward to the time when you are strong and healthy and we don't worry about every feeding and every fraction of an ounce, I realized I need to enjoy these moments as best I can.  I am all worry and concern, and that is taking away from my chance to just simply enjoy you.  I'm going to try to do better about that.  I love you so much.
All my love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment