On Monday I had my big ultrasound. This was the one that they checked measurements for all of the organs and different abnormalities/diseases, etc. Of course it was a little nerve racking, but the doctors said everything looked great. I LOVE hearing that. :o)
Since we already revealed the gender, we decided to invite our parents. Mikey's dad had to work, so we had to keep him posted through texts and picture messages, but Mikey's mom and my Mom and Dad were all able to come.
The ultrasound was the longest one I will have during the entire pregnancy, according to the nurse. I was doing great until the last 3 or 4 minutes, and all of the sudden I got really light-headed. I started to sweat and couldn't focus on anything. It was the weirdest thing and came on so suddenly that I didn't even have enough whereabouts to say something to the Ultrasound Tech. Anyway, she left the room and I sat up and started to feel better. I found out later that day that sometimes that will happen. There is a blood vessel thing that can get pushed/squished on when prego people lay flat on their backs (and probably more when they have a ultrasound pushing into their stomach for 20 minutes). Anyway, it was likely being pushed on so the blood to my heart was being decreased. I was glad to know it was normal. This was something I had never heard of before, so I wanted to share in case it ever happens to someone else. Don't be alarmed...just roll to your left side and breath slowly.
Here are the kiddos...




awww yay! fun!! that's great that they could all come! i love the pictures too :)
ReplyDeletethat sucks you didn't feel great - it would have been nice if someone had warned you that could happen! oh well - at least you didn't pass out :)